Navigating the demanding journey of preparing for the CPA Exam while juggling full-time work and parenting requires a well-structured CPA study schedule. Our community of accountants has spoken, emphasizing the pivotal role of an organized study routine in successfully managing these diverse responsibilities. Once a realistic and well-balanced CPA study plan is in place, the challenges of finding study time and maintaining focus on the material become more manageable. Let’s delve into the key considerations and steps to create the best CPA study schedule tailored to your unique circumstances.
Top Considerations for Your CPA Study Schedule
Create a Realistic Schedule:
- Base your CPA Exam study plan on your existing responsibilities.
- Block off time for non-CPA Exam activities, such as personal events and work obligations, to ensure balance.
- Incorporate breaks into your study schedule for improved focus and motivation. A community member suggests short breaks with favorite snacks, like dark chocolates.
Arrange Study Topics Based on Your CPA Exam Timeline:
Recognize that passing the CPA Exam demands significant time and effort.
Keep track of each section's necessary skill topics to spend your time wisely.
Utilize Vishal's study planner, included in your study package, to track development, plan each section's skills based on exam dates, and stay organized.
Finding Your Learning Style
Identify Optimal Time and Location:
- Determine whether you focus best in the early morning or late at night.
- Choose a study location that aligns with your learning style, whether it's the tranquility of a library or the ambient noise of a coffee shop.
Stick to What Works:
- Once you identify your ideal time and location, consistently follow this routine.
- Preston from our Facebook community emphasizes the importance of sticking to a routine throughout the day, alternating between campus and a nearby coffee shop for studying.
Consistency is Key
Practice Makes Perfect:
- Regularly follow your CPA study schedule to enhance focus and efficiency.
- Establishing a routine can contribute to lower stress levels and improved mental health during the challenging CPA Exam preparation phase.
Stay Positive and Persistent:
- Acknowledge that preparing for the CPA Exam is a mental game.
- Encourage positive thinking and forward momentum, as highlighted by a FAR Facebook Study Group member who successfully passed the exam.
Embarking on Your CPA Journey
As you set out on your CPA journey, utilize our 4-step guide designed to assist you through every stage of the CPA licensure process. As a Vishal student, exclusive access to Facebook study groups for each CPA Exam section (AUD, BEC, FAR, and REG) awaits you. Connect with the Vishal student community, exchange study tips, and find study buddies aligned with your exam focus. Your journey to CPA success begins with a well-crafted CPA study schedule and the support of a dedicated community. We look forward to seeing you thrive in your CPA Exam preparation!